Shareholder Dispute Resolution
Enlisting the help of an experienced forensic CPA can be one of the best things that you can do when shareholder disputes arise. If you are facing a situation with deadlocked shareholders or unresolved disagreements, then we invite you to contact us to learn more about how your company can benefit from our accounting services.
Common Causes of Shareholder Disputes
There are a variety of reasons why disagreements can arise among shareholders, and these are some of the common disputes that we have seen:
- Unauthorized salaries, expenditures, dividends and loans
- Outdated or poorly drafted buy\sell agreements
- Absence of language in agreements which addresses certain situations
- Shareholder redemption values and new shareholders made through inheritance
Any case where the shareholders don’t agree and the dispute is over financial information or payouts, it is best to hire the services of an experienced shareholder dispute resolution accountant. An accountant can be beneficial during the early stages of the dispute prior to litigation, as well as throughout the court proceedings including settlement negotiations if necessary.
How Can an Accountant Help With Shareholder Dispute Resolution?
Shareholder dispute cases typically possess unique themes and particular intricacies which can best be captured by a firm that focuses in this area. An accountant with related previous experience means that you will be able to optimize the information and ensure that the findings are fair and accurate in an efficient manner.
These services are available for both private matters and high profile disagreements. The accounting services can be used in the mediation and arbitration process, or during court proceedings if needed.
When you talk with our expert team, you will see that there are many ways that we can help with the dispute resolution. Common services include:
- Economic damages calculations
- Reconstructing poor accounting records
- Review of business reports provided by other experts
- Valuation of business interests
- Assessing total compensation from all sources
- Identify market compensation for individuals who are both employees and shareholders
- Assessing the tax implications involved, and
- Analyzing the shareholder agreements to clarify economic terms and conditions
Maryland Shareholder Dispute Accountants
We can work closely with your shareholder dispute attorney, to ensure that financial evidence is uncovered in order to support your case. Often, attorneys and accountants work together to prepare information for depositions and trials if the dispute goes to court.
If you need an accountant or are seeking an attorney to assist you with a shareholder dispute resolutions, then we invite you to contact Weyrich, Cronin, & Sorra right away. We handle a substantial number of disputes, and may be able to point you in the direction of an attorney who can best handle your case. We are always here to answer your questions, and assist with anything that is needed for your dispute resolution.